Monday, June 22, 2009

I knew it!!

So I just had to make this blog, yet after a few post I forgot all about it! Well, I'm back I guess that's all that matters.

Eric made it home from New York. Linden and I are thrilled about that! He came home Thursday night and we spent Friday and the weekend doing nothing but relaxing and playing. We had a great time. Fathers Day was spent just as Eric requested. We hung out doing nothing all day, and then I made a London Broil with all the fixings for dinner. It was a very nice day. Today is was back to work as normal but we did go have an amazing Dinner with my parents and brother at this little hole in the wall Mexican places. It is now my fave. I loved it.


Linden has been my little monster as of late. Poor kid is just having a hard time getting these last few teeth in. I feel so helpless. Plus the whole potty training thing is just not working. He tells me when he needs to go, but refuses to use the potty. He holds it no matter how long he sits there and the min. the pull up is on, he pees. I just don't know how to help him feel comfy going in the potty.

Speaking of Potty training, my potty training pants just didn't work out. I followed the pattern...but they are just not right! I don't even know where to start with figuring them out. I know that I need to make the leg cuffs bigger, cause my kid has his Mommy's thighs. Once that is fixed, they might fit better. We will see.

Tonight we went and got the baby proof door nobs, since Linden is an expert door opener now. I will start trying him in his big boy bed soon. We will start with naps, which may be tough at first, because I don't think I'm going to just put him down and he fall asleep like he does now. It will probably be tricky at first.

And with getting ready for his big boy bed, I have become aware that its time to do something with his room. I'm not so much worried about a theme for his room, but I really need to get him a few bedding sets. But I am having such a hard time finding something I really like. Once again, i don't want to pick a theme, I just want a simple sheet set with a cute blanket. I don't want it to be to think of a blanket. Heck, he doesn't even sleep with a blanket yet, but I want him to have one. I'm also still toying with the idea of getting him a full size bed. Or maybe a day bed? Something that I can get in and cuddle with him when needed. We have been very lucky that he hasn't been having much breathing issues or sick, but it would be nice to have something in there when he is. Sleeping on the floor = very sore back and neck.

Hmmm....I could make this post go on forever. I have a million things going on in my head tonight. But I will stop for now.

No comments: